Tuesday 7 June 2011

DIY love

Welcome to the launch of Do-it-myself-chick! A blog about the thrill of do-it-yourself home renovation, the mistakes we've made along the way, and how to stay happily married through it all (most of the time).

I love to do-it-myself. There is no better feeling than the sense of accomplishment that accompanies a finished project made with my own two hands.  I'm a mama of four so the budget is always tight and finding a deal is my nirvana.

After some coaxing from family and friends, I've decided to share my ideas with the world. It's going to be an interesting journey since I've never kept a journal before, not even as a kid. I don't even like writing letters. I spend too much time in my head thinking before getting started. I admit I'm a daydreamer but that allows me to see the finished project as clear as a picture before even picking up a tool. My Gemini alter ego doesn't mind rolling up her sleeves and getting dirty, she just needs a little push to get started.

I'm lucky to have a great husband who helps me with my projects along the way without too much grumbling. He knows there's no point in arguing since eventually I'll get my way ;)  He happens to be very handy with things like plumbing and electrical but he has one weakness . . . he has no patients for home renovation. . . so I've learned that if I want things done I'll need to do them myself.

We just bought another house which closes on June 30, 2011, and are getting the one we presently live in ready for our tenants, so I have tons of projects to share with you.

For example: have you ever wondered if removing that awful popcorn ceiling is a project you can handle or if a flat bi-fold door is worth a make-over? Well, then you've come to the right place . . . I'm working on these projects right now. 

But these are only a small sample of what's happening in our house currently, so I invite you to check back daily to witness the progress. With just over 3 weeks left to go, it's going to be a wild ride. 

Please don't forget to become a follower, I'm dying to read all your feedback!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Geri with your new house! Good luck with all your projects, hope to see some pictures as well :)Miss you! Irina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss you too my friend from way up north. When you come to Edmonton you'll have to stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete