Wednesday 8 June 2011

Tara Young and my to-do list for today

As I read over last night's ramblings I realized that I'm never going to write the next great Canadian novel like my friend Tara Young, who is well on her way with her recently published works, Gods' Masks and Shauna's Inheritance. Both can be purchased as ebooks on Smashwords and Amazon for a very reasonable price. You'll even have the option of viewing or downloading a free sample of each! 

You can also follow her weekly posts of a free novella called The Monstrous Hunt, an experimental project she began in which she gives herself only an hour to write an installment. Besides typos, it's published to her website unedited, which is an extremely difficult and brave thing to do in my opinion. It's a horror, fantasy, and mystery story I'm sure you'll enjoy. Good luck Tara!

. . . but nobody's here because you want to read a novel written by me right? You want to see if I can pull off the renos before the big move on June 30th, so here's my to-do list for today:
  1. Borrow daughter's camera in order to upload pictures of the stipple removal currently in progress to blog (mine has already been packed) 
  2. Roll on membrane/sealer in basement shower stall
  3. Continue with entry closet revamping including bi-fold door makeover for under $20
  4. Check out Wacky Wednesday at Ikea. Today only, you can get a Hampen shag area rug (160 by 230 cm) for only $19.99. Regularly $99.99. That's the kinda deal I'm talking about!
  5. 7 pm: meet with Ning the kitchen guy at his showroom in Edmonton
  6. Investigate the reason for little cold water pressure in upstairs bathroom

1 comment:

  1. Wacky Wednesday at Ikea was a bust. They sold out of the Hampen area rugs in one hour and I was about 8 hours too late . . . the story of my life! I was 45 minutes late for my own wedding but hubby married me anyways. He had faith that I wouldn't stand him up and kept everyone from leaving.

    ReplyDelete